Harry Hamlin was caught revealing the real reason behind Lisa Rinna‘s exit from The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills at the Sundance Film Festival’s Creative Coalition and Entertainment Weekly’s Spotlight Initiative Awards Gala Dinner on Saturday.
While attending the event with his oldest daughter, 24-year-old Delilah Belle Hamlin, Harry was reportedly overheard speaking to a group of friends about Lisa’s decision to depart the Bravo series after eight seasons, revealing that her ex-co-star and friend played a major role.
According to a report from Page Six on January 23, Harry claimed Lisa left the show after viewers sided with Sutton Stracke amid their months-long Elton John gala feud. As RHOBH fans will recall, Sutton accused Lisa and Harry of failing to thank her for purchasing their tickets to the Elton John AIDS Foundation’s Academy Awards viewing party in 2019 during an appearance on Watch What Happens Live in 2021.
“Lisa had all the receipts from that night, but they never showed the receipts on the reunion,” the eyewitness heard him say, noting that IMDb had provided him and Lisa with tickets. “She might still be on the show had Sutton not said that. She might still be on the show, but the audience believed Sutton.”
Although Lisa reportedly took issue with her receipts being left out of the season 12 reunion, Harry said his wife of 25 years is content with her decision to walk away.
“All good things come to an end. She took it as far as she could take it,” he said, according to the insider. “Now I’m working like crazy so she doesn’t have to work.”
According to Lisa, who showcased emails from IMDb months ago on Instagram, she and Harry got their tickets from IMDb but decided to sit with then-friend Sutton after she requested they do so.
Following the airing of the reunion last year, after which Lisa claimed her receipts were left out, Andy Cohen addressed her manila envelope on his radio show, saying that the packet Lisa brought with her contained “receipts relating to the Elton John AIDS Foundation ticket snafu.”
“We just wound up cutting it all out,” he admitted. “There were a lot of decisions made in the edit to cut down many conversations.”
The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills season 13 is expected to go into production later this month.