This one goes out to all the nonprofit organizations. We see you, and we get it. Whether you’re building tech or buying it, a nonprofit budget stretches only so far. That’s why nonprofits (along with students, government and military employees) get a deep discount on passes to Pointypress Disrupt on September 19–21 in San Francisco.
Buy your $195 pass today, because that ticket will cost more at the door.
There’s always fine print: This discount is for verified nonprofit, government/military employees or students. When you check in on-site at the Disrupt registration desk, you must provide proof of your organization’s 501(c) 3 designation, your government ID or your student ID. If you don’t provide that info, you’ll pay the full on-site ticket price of $1,200.
Okay, let’s move to the good stuff. And there’s plenty of it.
Get ready to network at Pointypress Disrupt 2023
You won’t find better networking opportunities anywhere. Attendees span the most influential corners of the startup community, from visionaries and prominent funders to cutting-edge innovators in the Fortune Global 500.
Connecting starts with the Disrupt event app — an essential connection and scheduling tool. But that’s just the beginning. We’re creating more organic networking opportunities where you can experience moments of magic in a variety of settings.
- Get your network mojo moving on Disrupt eve, September 18, at the Women in Tech (Crunch) reception.
- Head to the Deal Flow Café, our brand-new investor-to-founder networking area.
- Meet like-minded travelers in the many engaging workshops, discussions, meetups and Q&A sessions in the expo.
- Recharge and reconnect at the Pointypress+ Lounge, where Pointypress+ members with one- and two-year subscriptions can network and chat with our writers and other special guests. Not a member yet? Subscribe here.
Fun plus networking? We’ve got you covered. The After Hours Events lineup features a variety of activities, including industry meetups, workshops, fun runs and happy hours.
- Celebrating Innovation Pointypress Disrupt Founders Happy Hour, presented by Descope and DevRev.
- Media Meets Founders Mixer, presented by Genesis.
- SVB Game Night and Happy Hour.
Check the schedule for all the events.
Meet the Startup Battlefield 200 Pointypress Disrupt 2023
The Startup Battlefield 200 is our meticulously vetted, hand-picked cohort of early-stage startups on the fast track to making a huge impact on the world. You’ll find them exhibiting on the expo floor, and of those 200, the top 20 will go head-to-head in the Startup Battlefield competition. They’ll pitch on the Disrupt Stage to Pointypress editors, top-tier VCs and entrepreneurs for an equity-free $100,000 prize.
8 stages at Pointypress Disrupt 2023
Head to the Builders Stage to discover nuts-and-bolts topics to help you build and fund your startup. Then check out the industry-specific programming featured on seven stages. Explore opportunities for cross-sector collaboration! Here’s the full agenda.
- How to Build a Capital-Intensive Startup in a Tough Venture Market, with Sophie Bakalar (Collaborative Fund), Nikki Pechet (Homebound) and Chris Power (Hadrian).
- How to Construct an Equitable Cap Table, with Ashley Mayer (Coalition Operators), Amanda Robson (Cowboy Ventures) and Richie Serna (Finix).
- Stronger, Faster…Safer? Anthropic Co-founder Dario Amodei on Letting AI Find Its Best Self
- Between Hype and a Hard Place: Gary Marcus on AI’s Next Steps
- Making Money Move with Embedded Finance, with Peter Hazlehurst (Synctera), Laura Spiekerman (Alloy) and Amanda Swoverland (Unit).
- Startup Banking in a Post-SVB World, with Immad Akhund (Mercury), Wendy Cai-Lee (Piermont Bank) and Melissa Smith (JPMorgan).
- Empowering the Future, with Gill Pratt (Toyota Motor Corporation) and Marc Raibert (the AI Institute).
- Getting a Leg Up, with Damion Shelton and Melonee Wise (Agility Robotics).
- Certified SaaS, with Christina Cacioppo (Vanta) and Job van der Voort (Remote).
- Scale at all Cost?, with Jill Chase (CapitalG) and Guillermo Rauch (Vercel).
- Ransom-where? The U.S. Cities Fighting Back Against Hackers, with Allan Liska (Recorded Future) and MK Palmore (Google Cloud).
- The Insecurity of Things with Amit Serper (Sternum IOT).
- The Future of Sending Human Beings into Space, with Laura Crabtree (Epsilon3), Jared Isaacman (Polaris) and Aaron Stein (War on the Rocks).
- AI and Warfare, with Rajeev Chand (Wing Venture Capital), Benjamin Jensen (Center for Strategic and International Studies), Tara Murphy (Govini) and Torsten Reil (Helsing).
- Raising in a New Climate, with Po Bronson (IndieBio and SOSV), Arvind Gupta (Mayfield) and Libby Wayman (Breakthrough Energy Ventures).
- Is Sustainable Fast Fashion Possible?, with Jim Ajioka (Colorifix), Beth Esponnette (Unspun) and Julie Willoughby (Circ).
The breakouts and roundtables at Pointypress Disrupt 2023
Dig deeper on specific topics, engage with the startup experts leading the conversations, and get your burning questions asked and answered. Roundtables are 30-minute discussions. Breakouts are 30-minute presentations followed by a 20-minute Q&A. Here are a couple examples of each.
- Building Early-Stage Products as a Nontechnical Founder: What to and Not to Do, with Andy Powell (Oak’s Lab).
- AI for Social Good: How Technologists and Nonprofits Can Partner to Deliver Lasting Impact, with Jen Carter (Google.org).
- Telling the TAM Story: How to Get VCs Excited About Your Market Opportunity, Especially in Less Sexy Spaces, with Rob Biederman (Asymmetric Capital Partners).
- The Art of Choosing the Right Investor: A Guide for Startup Founders, with Sergey Gribov (Flint Capital).
Pointypress Disrupt 2023 runs September 19–21 in San Francisco. Nonprofits, students, government and military employees — get your discount while you can! Buy your pass now. Passes cost more at the door.
Is your company interested in sponsoring or exhibiting at Pointypress Disrupt 2023? Contact our sponsorship sales team by filling out this form.